Why is it important for you to feel beautiful as a stay at home wife?
It can be easy to push things like blowdrying your hair or putting on makeup out the window because I mean…. let’s be real the chickens don’t care what you look like. They just care that you were 2 minutes late with their breakfast.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you chose to purchase a recommended product I will receive a small percentage at no extra cost to you. This helps me bring you great content every week and you can build a business and life you love.
I know you might feel like it’s a waste of time but hear me out.
When you feel crapy about yourself it affects so many things. The confidence in how you talk to others and how you respond to your loved ones. It will cause you to carry yourself differently if you feel good about yourself.
You might be like “ok what part of stay at home wife did you miss?” But you do go out at least a few times a month right? At the very least you have to buy groceries.
Let me tell you that people around you will notice if you start to put a little effort into the way you look and in turn, it changes how you act. They may not say anything directly to you. But they will see the difference.
The next time you fix your hair or do your make up. Watch your husband’s reaction the next time he comes home. Does he smile or talk to you differently? Can you see the response in his eyes.
He may not say anything at all or even know why you are “looking cute” but that impression will be lasting. Trust me.
The way you present yourself in public will also have an effect on those around you. Strangers will be more polite and respectful. Men who would let the door shut behind them will let you go first or hold the door for you.
p.s. Smile and thank them for it when they do.
You Don’t Have To Be Drop Dead Gorgeous
There is no way to sugarcoat this but its important. So here we go.
You don’t have to be a knock out for people to think you are beautiful. That expression “pretty is as pretty does” is 100% true. I can think of several people at church that I think are gorgeous but when you take away the makeup and mess up their hair they look just as average as you and me. They also present themselves confidently, but they are also graceful.
Think of the people at church or in town that you see often and you think they are pretty when they come to mind. Are they even close to magazine model pretty? Not likely. And truth be told not many real people are. (Which should make you think twice about your standard of beauty)
What is it that makes them beautiful in your eyes. Is their hair always smoothed out or nicely curled? Maybe they have a touch of makeup on anytime they are in public.
Am I making sense?
Quick Beauty Tips For The Stay At Home Wife
You don’t have to do everything all at once. Chose one or two things that will make you feel better about yourself. Some people like different things. For me, I feel great if I dry my hair and put on a little eye make up even if I am not going out. I don’t do it for anyone else, it makes me feel good for me.
Stay at home wife beauty ideas.
- The first thing someone notices about another person especially women is her hair. It is the first thing you pick out from a distance and there is a different look about hair that has been freshly washed AND dried. It’s shiny and smooth, the way the women carries herself is stronger.
- If you don’t want to do a full face of makeup you can do some concealer under your eyes and some eyeshadow and liner to make your eyes pop. Something to add a little more dimension to your face. Especially now with being in public eyes are the first and some times the only thing people see of you.
- Do your nails yourself. My nails are insanely thin so I do acrylic dipping myself. It lasts WAY longer than polish and one kit lasts a really long time. The best part is you don’t have to use a light with the dipping. If you don’t want to do the acrylic dipping then keeping a shiny coat on your nails will make them look nice.
- A light spray of perfume or body mist is another thing that is a great pick me up if you are feeling down about yourself.
Self Care Tips On A Budget
Money is always something that will make women not want to spend money on themselves. There is always something else you can use the money for. I am not going to get into all the details of that but even if you can use a couple of dollars a month at the dollar tree you can find makeup there that will do the job.
You have a birthday every year, right? Someone gets you a gift. Even if it is 10 or 15 dollars there is a lot you can do with that. If people ask you what you want, don’t be afraid to ask for skin, nail, or hair care products. People want to get you things YOU want.
Your friends and family love you and want you to feel good about yourself. It might feel embarrassing at first but when they can get you something to help you out they would rather do that they buy you random junk
Affordable Makeup Brands
The first one that comes to mind is Elf. They are now carried in most stores and I know that both Walmart and Kroger both carry them and you can find their website linked above or HERE.
Cover girl is going to be my next step up but still very affordable. They have different lines of makeup so the prices will vary but you can get their baseline foundation for about $6.
- Now, this is more of a were not so much a brand. But if you have a Big Lots near you stop in and see what they have. They are great to find affordable beauty products. I bought a normally $9 bottle of foundation for only $3! I would not buy body wash there only because the prices are not any better than a regular store.
- If you shop at Kroger often they do have several digital coupons for
CoverGirl on their app. So make sure to check before you go buy.
- Don’t dismiss the dolor tree for nail products. Unless you are buying the gell or some higher-end nail polish. The dolor tree color says on just as long as some of the name brands. The trick is adding a clear topcoat to the color.
- The last one is Sally’s Beauty Supply they have a club card that is only $5 a year and you can get amazing products at a very affordable price. They also offer $5 off coupons for any size purchase so I have gotten a few products for only a few dollars or even free.
- Shop online and go through Rakuten first and shop like normal. In short, they get a commission when you shop through them and they give you a percentage of that money back. You can check them out here.
If getting out is not an option for you here are my favorites and some great options on Amazon.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Multi-Use Concealer, Sand, 0.2 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)
We used this at my sisters wedding and it was AMAZING! It worked so well to cover dark circles
I hope this got your wheels turning. No matter what you think, you are worth making yourself feel beautiful. If you are struggling with your self worth as a stay at home wife you need to read this post.
It is easy to feel like you should put yourself on the back burner. But trust me when I tell you your family will notice and the effect it will have on your life will be more then you can imagine. You will start to feel better about yourself and loving what you see in the mirror.
Hugs from across the internet.
Other posts you might like: