This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase through a link on my site I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Before you jump into the fall bucket list I want you to think about something first. What gives you the feeling of fall.
Fall is a feeling. No really. The reason we love fall so much is the feelings of change and the things we can see all around us.
I am a total nerd when it comes to things that give us that fun cozy feeling of both the seasons and the holidays.
The reason we love them so much is because we have this feeling of change and new things to come. That feeling of cozying up and preparing for winter.
A Fall Bucket List Activities For Couples
Ok, let’s admit it guys don’t care for the staged type of fall bucket list activates. So I wanted to curate a list of things that the men in your life would enjoy without rolling their eyes or leaving you with the feeling of dragging them along as punishment.
The trick to making it work is to make it feel natural.
- Go Hiking IN A Park – Even better if the leaves are turning and the air is cool.
- Do a 1,000 Piece Autumn-themed Puzzle
- Have A Bonfire – This is a perfect thing to do with guys because they are in their element and its still a cozy fun experience for the women. Make fall themed food and you will knock it out of the park.
- Go on a Hay Ride – Weather its with horses or a tracker anyone loves a good hayride.
- Get Cozy By a Wood Burning Fire – It doesn’t have to be wood a small electric one works just as well. See this one here on amazon.
- Board Game Night – If your fella is good at playing games this is a good option. But if he is supper competitive and the mood might change. Maybe you should try something else.
- Go To A Corn Maze – Search Corn Maze In + [ your local area and you will find something.]
- Go Apple Picking at an Orchard – This fall bucket list idea is hard because its work. But you might win him over if you make his favorite apple dessert.
- Plan an autumn picnic. – Find a time right as the trees are changing color. I you have an out doorsy husband going to a lake will be the best bribery.
- Sleep in and snuggle under the covers.
- Take a road trip to see fall leaves.
- Take a local trip. – If your spouse is adventurous try to find places that are similar to the places you like to go on vacation but close by.
When it comes to doing fun fall activities with your spouse think of them first. Trying to do something out of the norm that he doesn’t even like is not going to make for a fun time. If you’re not sure he would like it. Just go on your own.
Fall Bucket List Activities To Do On Your Own
Doing things on your own will give you the mental space for solitude and reflection which is what the fall season is all about. There is nothing wrong with doing things on your own.
- Make a Gratitude Journal – We all need to be more focused on the good and not what we don’t have. Which is what the fall season is all about.
- Shop on Black Friday
- Knit a Scarf – Making something with your hands makes you feel nostalgic and brings that cozy feeling into your home.
- Visit a Farmer’s Market
- Complete an Autumn Craft – If you are like me and you want there to be purpose behind what you do. Make sure you can use what you make. Try making a fall decoration or something warm for your home.
- Attend a Fall Festival – There is nothing better to bring the feelings of fall then going to a fall themed festival. It brings excitement and joy to everyone around.
- Paint your nails a dark fall color. – Again seeing the warm deep colors of fall with make it more of a reality that change is coming.
- Buy a bunch of sunflowers.
- Spend the day reading a book.
- Bundle up and go on a long walk.
- Plant bulbs for spring flowers.
- Get cozy in your favorite fall outfit.
- Swap out your summer and fall wardrobes. – This one is hard to say when to do it because it depends on the weather more than when you want to do it. BUT if the warm temps are hanging on and you are dyeing to change up your closet try swapping out the spring tops for fall colors. But maybe wait on the sweaters if it is still pretty warm.
Fall Bucket List To Make Your Home Cozy
The heart of any holiday is in your home. If you start there it doesn’t matter if you go somewhere else with no decorations at all the spirit will follow you.
Make your home the coziest and warm place you can.
- Burn Fall Candles
- Hang a Handmade Wreath on Your Door
- Plant Fall Flowers
- Make a Scarecrow
- Have fall themed candy around your home.
- Bring a Fresh Baked Pie to a Neighbor
- Create a collection of fall leaves, acorns, and pine cones.
- Air out your house with crisp, fall air.
- Use free fall printables for decor.
Here are 5 Affordable Fall Decor Tips to help you make the most of this fall season.
Make Fall Food
I almost put this under the section for things couples to do together. But let’s be realistic, The fellas in your life are likely to be happier helping you eat them rather than make any of the food. But if you want to combine any of these activities get creative and have fun.
Each of these food ideas have a recipe that shouldn’t be too hard for you to try.
- Make Warm Apple Cider – See The Recipe Here
- Roast Pumpkin Seeds – Read the easy fall recipe here.
- Bake Pumpkin Bread – See How To Bake It Here
- Make homemade applesauce. – See how to make it in you slow cooker here.
- Make caramel apples. – See how to make this yummy goodness here. This one even has a video.
Fall Bucket List Activities For Kids
You are never too old for play. Maybe some of these will bring out the child-like spirit in you.
- Jump into a Pile of Leaves
- Make a Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner – But don’t stress too much. If you make so much work that the mood of the house hits the toilet no one will have fun and people will just resent it.
- Visit the Local Pumpkin Patch
- Attend a Fall Festival – Here are 22 across America in 2021 But if you search your state I am sure you will find one close by.
- Decorate a Pumpkin – We didn’t do Halloween as kids and I still don’t love pumpkin carving. BUT I do love decorating a pumpkin in a fall theme. We would always turn our pumpkins into turkey’s.
- Take a bike ride with family.
Now tell me below what is something you want to do this fall? I am building my fall bucket list for our “staycation this year”. Got something fun in Ohio or northern Kentucky I should check out? Share it with me.
Is your backyard farm costing way more than you thought?
If you are tired of your backyard farm literally eating away at all your extra cash, check out the Productive and Profitable Backyard Farmer’s Club.
Learn how to turn your money-sucking hobby into a profitable business with my monthly lessons that ONLY take you 45 minutes a month to listen to and implement.