Journaling is something that is freeing to the soul. You can write anything you want. There is no one to judge you. It can be a great place to release frustrations, fears, or heartaches. There were times in my life when I had so much on my heart that needed to come out but no one to share it with.
You know those moments. The ones where you don’t want to hurt one person and you don’t want the other person to rise to your defense causing more issues even if it is in a caring heart for you. Journaling helps heal the soul.
Tools For Creative Journaling
I don’t know about you but I LOVE a beautiful notebook or journal but when I buy one I don’t want to write in it. Silly hu?
Contrary to every stationery lover’s belief you don’t need a nice pen and pretty notebooks to start journaling. A school notebook you got on the afterschool clearance sale will do just fine.
You Don’t Have To Journal Daily
Remember in the mid 90’s when all the girls (or at least it seemed like it) had diaries where all of their big life secrets where kept tucked away? They wrote in it every single day.
You don’t have to do that with your creative journaling. It is not meant to add one more thing to your already busy schedule. Journaling is meant to be fun and bring joy to your heart. Don’t put pressure on yourself to do more then you WANT to do. If you are feeling stressed or have a few moments of quiet time. Then sit down with a cup of warm coffee or tea and let your mind run free. Even lite a candle to add to the cozy feel of the room.
Creative Journaling Prompts
- Identify the hardest parts of last year and how your grew through that difficult time.
- What is one word you want to focus on and how it will help you grow?
- Imagine the best version of yourself. What does that look like?
- What learning lesson sticks in your mind and how did it change you?
- Who do you need to forgive from past hurts? What can YOU do to move on?
- What is holding you back from being who you want to be? How can you end that limiting belief?
- What are your imperfections that hold you back? How can you move beyond them?
- What do you think of as a negative about yourself and how can you work to accept it is part of how you were created?
- 3 things that make me feel beautiful are…
- My perfect day looks like…
- 10 things I love about my spouse.
- 20 things I am genuinely grateful for are?
- If I could build my dream life it would look like.
- 5 things I want to do that seem out of reach.
- What is the number one thing that scares me and why? What can I do to overcome my fear?
Ready to get started? Me too! I am drooling over all the amazing journals on Amazon at the moment. Let me know how your journaling process is going.